Go into all the world...
Hey, I’m Myron, the Grace Chapel Missions Pastor. At Grace Chapel, we take seriously the Great Commission as Christ's command in Mark 16:15 to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” We believe that missions, reaching out to others, and sharing the love of Christ is an outcome of a man or woman who has been equipped to be a passionate servant of Jesus Christ. We understand that "all the world" means reaching out to the least, the last, and the lost, regardless of where they are in the world, whether in our own family, neighborhood, community, or internationally. To learn more about missions and the opportunities before us please email me using the "Contact This Ministry" button link at the bottom of this page.
Mission Trip Information Meetings
If you are interested in learning more about how you can participate on a Grace Chapel mission trip in 2017, register below to attend an information meeting. This one-Sunday class is a prerequisite to applying to participate on a Grace Chapel Mission trip and will provide you an introduction to cross-cultural ministry, suggestions for how to raise the trip fees, and encouragement to understand how the Lord wants to use you and your gifts to minister to others.All meetings will be on Sunday at 9:00 AM in Room 314. Just click on the date to register! How simple is that? NOTE: Use only the Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer web browser as the Safari browser does not work.
Mission Trip Information meetings in 2017 are scheduled for March 26, May 7, June 2, August 6, October 2, and December 3. CLICK HERE and register for the next meeting March 26th!
Where Grace Chapel is Serving
The Dominican Republic
We have opportunity to be the hands and feet of God in the Dominican Republic at Josiah's House. We partner with Dan & Shana Gower, who oversee a boy's home and a girl's home that rescues children off the streets and provide a safe home environment for them to grow up in a solid Christian family atmosphere. We also minister in Olivares, a small, poor village in the middle of a sugarcane plantation where we partner with a local pastor to share the love of God in practical ways.
New Hope Missions International is a ministry in Haiti that provides education and meals to hundreds of children each day in four Christian elementary schools. New Hope Missions also provides training for a small network of churches and support to pastors by assisting with construction projects in and around Cap Haitian on the northern side of Haiti. Click here for more information on how to sponsor a Haitian child through New Hope Missions.
Grace Chapel partners with Gideon Indian Social Development Trust, an organization that works among the poor in southeastern India, 98% of whom are Hindus. Lamuel Victor, the founder, oversees the housing and educating 37 girls at risk. He also facilitates evangelism in neighboring rural villages and training session with local pastors and non-believers, using DVD studies from Grace Chapel.
Jalle is a town in the Jongelei state in South Sudan that was completely decimated by twenty years of civil war. Grace Chapel has partnered with the New Jalle Community Project to rebuild a medical clinic, a church, and most recently four, five-room school buildings. These buildings serve as a center for the town for refugees who are returning to their homes after so many years away. We are also working with the Episcopal Church of South Sudan to minister to a colony of lepers situated in a remote village along the Nile River, 45 minutes from Bor the capital city of Jongelei state.
Where Can I Serve?
SERVE INTERNATIONALLY WITHOUT A PASSPORT!!!
Are you interested in a global mission opportunity that doesn't require a passport or even leaving home? We have just the thing for you! Every July, 30 - 35 Chinese students and four Chinese chaperones come all the way across the world to Leiper's Fork, Tennessee to participate in an incredible music and arts program called Kids On Stage. Grace Chapel allows this program to use our facilities and we seek out Grace Chapel families to host our Chinese guests while they are here! This allows our Chinese friends to really experience not just the American lifestyle and culture but also Christian lifestyle and culture. Additionally, if your own kids sign up for the program, this mission opportunity is extended as they will have the opportunity to dive into this multicultural program and be Jesus to a great group of kids who would never know Him otherwise. If you are interested in showing the love of Christ without leaving home and growing your heart and your family, email email@example.com to learn more!
- Click HERE to download the Host Family Application and
- Click HERE to download the Background Check Authorization.
- (These are both required to be a host home and can both be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click HERE to view the Kids On Stage Program Guide and Application. (Submission Instructions can be found in the document)
Grace Chapel supports a number of organizations in the Nashville/Franklin area. Grace Works, Hope Clinic for Women, Our Thrift Store, Mastering Life Ministries, Tucker's House, Narrow Gate and Caleb Company are touching lives of those who are hurting and in need.
CLICK HERE to learn more about what our various ministry partners are doing, the kind of service opportunities they have for volunteers, and contact information for scheduling a time to lend a hand.
2017 Mission Trips
- May 16-23 – Haiti – $1,350
- FULL - June 13-20 – Dominican Republic – $1,550 - FULL
- July 11-18 – Mexico – $400 + Ticket = Approximately $1,300
- October 3-10 – Dominican Republic – $850
- November 1-8 – Haiti – $1,300
NOTE: Approximate Cost: Haiti $1,550; Dominican Republic $1,550; Mexico $1,200. Some trips are yet to be determined. Estimated costs are subject to change and will be finalized closer to the time of the trip. - Contact Myron Goodwin for more information.
Mission Trip Application Guidelines
The following guidelines factor into team selection. The first seven are required; the last three are preferred.
- Have a valid US Passport with an expiration date at least 6 months after trip return date
- Attend one Mission Trip Information class before your trip.
- CLICK HERE to download a Mission Trip Application to complete and submit.
- CLICK HERE to download a Liability Release Form to complete and submit.
- Submit a deposit check for $200.00 payable to Grace Chapel along with your Application and a photocopy of your passport.
- Pay full trip balance of land fees prior first team meeting, 30 days from departure.
- Purchase your airline ticket per the team travel itinerary.
- Complete Grace Chapel Membership Class and the STEP 1, STEP 2, and STEP 3 classes.
- Be active in serving in a Volunteer Ministry at Grace Chapel.
- Participate in, lead, or host a Life Group.
Funding Your Mission Trip
You are responsible for raising the land fees for a trip. (This is discussed in the Mission Trip Information class.)
- A $200.00 deposit isdue with application. Final balance is due 30 days before the team leaves.
- You are responsible for purchasing your round trip airline ticket per the team travel itinerary to ensure you're on the same flights.
- All donations are made out to Grace Chapel and GIVEN DIRECTLY TO YOU. (You turn them into the team leader).
- Donations from friends to Grace Chapel for your trip are eligible for a tax donation receipt.
- Donations you make to Grace Chapel for your trip are NOT eligible for a tax donation receipt.
- Start raising funds NOW using the ideas from the Mission Info Meeting.
Prices quoted are for land fees are approximate and subject to change.
- Dates posted are also subject to change based on lodging availability and airline flights.
- Land fees include: Inland travel once in the country, room and board, translator meals, transit to lodging if needed, and ministry project funds.
- Land fees DO NOT include: Funds for your round trip airline ticket, personal items, US Passport (that is valid within six months of return date), entry/exit taxes, food items/meals bought in airports. These items are the responsibility of the individual.
Contact Donna Boone for more information Women's mission trips by clicking on the Contact This Ministry button on the Women's Ministry page.
Contact Amy Nickel for more information on the High School mission trips by clicking on the Contact This Ministry button on the High School Ministry page.
Contact Pastor Myron for more information or if you have questions about how you can participate in extending the kingdom on a Grace Chapel mission trip, by clicking on the Contact This Ministry button below.